After purchase full perm dress how can i create a texture?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello recently i purchase a full perm dress, this includes some textures and  a AO file, OBJ normal, UV file, SpecularMap, NormalMap, i am a little confuse, i will like to create a texture for this dress, what file should i use, and where can i found a good tutorial to do this? thanks so much

Just search on Youtube for texturing mesh in Photoshop or whatever graphics program you own. If you dont have one you can use Gimp or Krita, they are both free. There are tons of good tutorials on Youtube. Just search how to texture mesh for secondlife, or how to texture using uv map or ambiant occlusion map. 

Short explanation, you need to make a PSD file using the UV and AO map if the seller did not include one. From there use create the texture you want on a new layer and use the AO map to add depth by using options like multiply and overlay. Specular and normal maps are placed on the model used the edit tool, there are options to add them in the texture tab. You can also desaturate the normal map and use it along with the ao map in your graphics software. But, just go watch some youtube tutorials and you will be on your way to learning to texture mesh in no time. ❤️

Edited by Lexi Zelin
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.