Someone animating my avatar !

gentel Levee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Guys,

Someone invite me and sent me request to "animate my avatar" and i accept it, it was a crash animation and i can't stop it while this person in the same region, how can i stop this animation in this region !

Notice:

- I did all refresh and undeform animation from the avatar health menu and it didnt work.

- i can undeform in any other region and the animation will be stopped but if this person came the animation will work again.

i need to block this request and stop this forever

e55e4d5f15da356a38a3ae7a4317709f.jpg

Try this if you use Firestorm and see if it works - On the top menu, click on Avatar then look down the list and hover your cursor over Avatar Health.  On that menu, select Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Seconding the above, revoking permissions should stop it from working on you anymore.

If somehow it keeps working after its permission has been revoked, it may be using an Experience, instead. You can opt out of any Experience you've granted permissions to by looking under Me/Avatar~Experiences.

• Like 1

Firestorm 6.6.17 (70368) now has a fix for this I think

menu: World\Animation Explorer, which now allows the blacklisting of animations started by a script owned by another person to which we previously granted permission. While it doesn't/can't revoke the other script's permissions, it does stop and blacklists the animation itself from playing on us

i am not a regular Firestorm user so I haven't tested this extensively

like I dunno if the fix only stops the animation playing on our screen or whether it also does an undeform. menu: Avatar\Avatar Health\Undeform Avatar

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

Firestorm 6.6.17 (70368) now has a fix for this I think

menu: World\Animation Explorer, which now allows the blacklisting of animations started by a script owned by another person to which we previously granted permission. While it doesn't/can't revoke the other script's permissions, it does stop and blacklists the animation itself from playing on us

i am not a regular Firestorm user so I haven't tested this extensively

like I dunno if the fix only stops the animation playing on our screen or whether it also does an undeform. menu: Avatar\Avatar Health\Undeform Avatar

Neat, just tried it. It's not great, it's almost detrimental.

If you add an animation to the Asset Blacklist (there's a button in the Animation Explorer to do that), Firestorm will check for that animation every second and stop it.

The animation plays for everybody until your viewer stops it, so it's not going to prevent griefers from playing animations on you. (Realistically there's nothing viewers can do to prevent this, because animation-state is enforced by the sim.)

And while you don't see the animation playing on your screen, other people will. If a griefer plays a deformer on you and you blacklist it, you won't even know when it happens again.

The "reset skeleton & animation" option is client-side, so your avatar wouldn't get fixed on other people's screens even if Firestorm did undeform the avatar while stopping blacklisted animations.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The animation plays for everybody until your viewer stops it, so it's not going to prevent griefers from playing animations on you. (Realistically there's nothing viewers can do to prevent this, because animation-state is enforced by the sim.)

i did wonder how Firestorm was going to overcome what you mention here - sending a undeform animation to the server for broadcast to all nearby avatars, after stopping the grief animation

so OP, and others affected, still left with this LSL script if they want to stop the grief animation and broadcast the undeform animation, every time the grief animation is detected

• Thanks 1

This thread makes me glad I have all my own anims and dances and stuff, and never bother accepting perms from anyone's chimera, etc.

Even a bug in their script, or a broken animation, could end up making me tall against my will.

This thread is very informative, thanks, guys.

PROTIP: Don't give people permission to animate you if you don't already know they're decent folk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

This thread makes me glad I have all my own anims and dances and stuff, and never bother accepting perms from anyone's chimera, etc.

Even a bug in their script, or a broken animation, could end up making me tall against my will.

This thread is very informative, thanks, guys.

PROTIP: Don't give people permission to animate you if you don't already know they're decent folk.

Ya, even if it was just to get on an actual dance hud, I don't like being controlled like that.. Have to be free and do my own moves to the music as the beat comes to me..

I'll fall sleep if someone else is at the wheel.. hehehehe

so good chance I'm not getting griefed like that..

I cringe just thinking of getting stuck doing some Hugh Jackman stuff trapped on someones hud.. brrrrrr

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.