Does gift sending normally take more than 20 hours(i still didn't get mine gifts)? what to do?

RetardedAnimalBabie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there,again. I wrote letter yetarday asking why i didn't get my gifts after 3 hours of waiting and, thanks to Rolig Loon--> she answered that. I changed my settings that were mentioned in Rolig's post. But now it's almost 20 hours since i've been waiting for my gifts and i still don't get them... why is it so? i wouldn't complain if there was just one cheap gift, but my friends spend kind of a lot of money on these gifts, so i feel resentful that all my friends money and time while searching gifts for me was probably dissipated.. How could we solve this problem? Will i even get my gifts or i just have to pretend that nothing happend?

Faithfully,

Barney Stinson.

6 answers to this question

Firsty, use Options > Edit to remove your real name from this post and yesterdays as this is a public blog. This is the link to yesterdays http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Why-i-can-t-get-gifts-from-my-friends-I-just-don-t-get-any-of/qaq-p/947951

What Rolig was suggesting is that you search your Inventory in case the gifts arrived without you realising. Have you done that? That was a long shot as I've never seen a viewer install with auto accept set to True and only you would know if you manually changed the default setting from False to True. If you have now changed the setting to True, I'd strongly suggest you change it back otherwise your Inventory will fill up with all sorts of stuff at every store, club etc you go to as well as general spam.

If you were online when the gifts were sent, you should have received them with seconds if personally sent or usually minutes if sent via Marketplace. If you were offline when sent, the acceptance notifications should have been there when you next logged in. You don't say whether your friends actually dragged these gifts onto your Profile to send or sent them via Marketplace. If via Marketplace, they should contact the sellers or submit tickets to Support under Marketplace non-delivery. If dropped onto your Profile and not in your Inventory, there's nothing you can do to retrieve them.

Question, does your friends transaction history show gift was sent and to 'whom'? You have a unique name, so the odds of it being sent by accident to another resident with a simular name is unlikely..but it does happen...

*If your own transaction history shows this inventory was sent to you* Pls ingore this clown :matte-motes-nerdy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.