Newbrooke and Meadowbrook, I probably won't go back to the old Linden Homes now.

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had a break from SL for a while so it has been a pleasant surprise to see how far the Mole building has progressed in Bellisseria. I like the new property page as well, and it has been a great idea to show the availability numbers for each home type.
Although there are many Belli home styles that I like, I found I had a tendency to drift back to the old style 'modern' homes for various reasons. I was somewhat put off the Newbrooke properties by the demo region, which when I look back on the forums here had a few problems at launch, and wasn't really finished off on first release.
However, touring around the Newbrooke Estates recently I found I really liked the feel of the place, both the landscaping and the sense of variety. Another thing that really appealed to me was that there is a decent surplus of homes available, so it was surprisingly easy to find a really nice spot.
Many of our houseboats, stilthomes and so on previously have had lovely outlooks, but tended towards being laggy. The Newbrooke I have now is, most of the time lag free, and it isn't unusual to have the whole region to myself at my UK logon times, so it feels very peaceful.
I don't know if I have just been lucky, but I have seen less evidence around of over enthusiastic external decorating which could clutter up the street scenes in my earlier Belli days, often with off-theme items or 'helicopter on the roof' type scenarios. This lack of visual distraction is another thing which makes my experience less stressful
So I am definitely feeling the absence of that pull to escape the crowds in Meadowbrook, the views out of the window are so much nicer!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I don't know if I have just been lucky, but I have seen less evidence around of over enthusiastic external decorating which could clutter up the street scenes in my earlier Belli days

LL were much stricter with what add-ons are allowed in Newbrooke, roof additions were soon outlawed as not being in keeping with the container home theme when many people see them more as mid century modern. i seem to remember any add on not in theme at first release was quickly returned. i did notice cars and other vehicles being very popular additions to the front of peoples Newbrookes' more so than the Halloween hunt candy i was collecting a month or two ago 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.