Some futuristic house ideas from Stable Diffusion

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I put the simple prompt "futuristic house" into Stable Diffusion, and it generated some nice designs.

house1.thumb.png.9992c42520c36685532ae2352ec5a38b.png

House 1

house2.thumb.png.ffa020e3d1fe48dabe5c6b53ec6755ad.png

House 2

Not bad ideas for SL.

house6.thumb.png.57cde34b4640eeb1583e2ff20840d76b.png

Interior

I suspect that someone included Architectural Digest in a training set. Or they really liked Zaha Hadid, who's into those linear light strips.

(These are all synthetic AI-generated images, from the Stable Diffusion program, if you're not familiar with this sort of thing. It's a useful way to get creative ideas.)

The warmth of these images is impressive. This is proper use of environmental reflections. As PBR and more light sources start to work, SL should look this good. Just a little environment reflection on interior surfaces, with reasonable lighting, makes interiors look warm. If you want to practice using PBR, take some existing house model, tune it up, and light it well, so it looks this good.

There's a wood-lined room at Rumpus Room which demos this in PBR. It's overdone, though. Back the shiny down to about half those levels, and it should look like this. You want people to say, "That looks beautiful and real", not "Ooh, shiny thing!"

Possible theme for the 2048 m^2 houses. They need space. You can't put architectural statements too close together, or the result looks tacky.

Edited by animats
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

All 3 of those images have the Orange-Teal color grading which pretty much every Hollywood movie has since the past 10 years. That's why they look so pleasing to the eye.

Ah. And this is Stable Diffusion, trained on Internet images, so its training set includes those.

I've generated more pictures, and they all have that color preference. Most also have those linear lights.

Nice look. SL tends to look too hard-edged. These are hard-edged designs; the softness is in the materials.

Please, if you have some nice SL interiors that look this good, post.

18 hours ago, animats said:

Ah. And this is Stable Diffusion, trained on Internet images, so its training set includes those.

I've generated more pictures, and they all have that color preference. Most also have those linear lights.

Nice look. SL tends to look too hard-edged. These are hard-edged designs; the softness is in the materials.

Please, if you have some nice SL interiors that look this good, post.

I put a lot of effort into creating environments that interact with lighting, that take advantage of EEP, as I have also experimented with creating complete day and night environments for my homes and land.
These are photos without editing or post-production. And they were made at my house in Peraut, the environment is not as perfect as I would like, but it is an attempt to soften and create atmospheres with light and objects.
The house is open, if anyone wants to visit, feel free to go there, use the advanced lights setting to see the effects, and please let me know your opinion about the place.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peraut/100/230/71

GHOUSENATAL23_002A.thumb.jpg.02f93a9e06b2b84679ea1baee35e2796.jpg

GHOUSENATAL23_008A.thumb.jpg.3b6482fddd57a8390dd3bf2883a4e7a9.jpg

GHOUSENATAL23_006A.thumb.jpg.ab8fc08ee751ba058594cd240214720e.jpg

GHOUSENATAL23_007A.thumb.png.29152ec0b6506cb54d1267a6602885df.png

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.