trouble connecting after switching from cable internet to fibre optic internet

CollidingNeurons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

after changing ISP to fibre,  firestorm hangs at requesting region capabilities and won't connect

steps we have taken to resolve this so far is, whitelisting it on the firewall and disabling the firewall completely and tried a different region to log into , none of these resolved the issue

we still have the old cable internet temporarily and when switching to that isp it logs on fine

i am at a loss for anything else to try and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 answer to this question

The change from copper to fiber should make no difference. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean your provider didn't mess things up.

Since your computer and network connection work(ed) with the old network, it means those components are good to go. It points to the problem being in the new part of the network. That will need to be worked out with the ISP/provider.

There is an exception. If you have old network switches or OLD CAT-3 wiring in your house, they will be a problem. The older 10-100mb switches will choke on the 10-1000mb data stream.

When I upgraded my connection I had to replace all my switches. I could not connect via the old switches. Fortunately, I used CAT-5 for my wiring.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.