Very slow server internet performance

NightDragons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
6 hours ago, NightDragons said:

Real ping 32 ms 12,4 Mbps

Speed of light is the absolute minimum real time.  Cable round trip to Oregon and back is about 20,000km.  At 300km/ms that's an absolute minimum of 67ms with practical minimum double that (sea cables, routers, etc.).  The 600ms is bad...  jungle in the southern hemisphere bad.  But the region is looking healthy with excellent frame rates in the past 48 hours.  So I'd look to the network for the cause.

As you say, I agree that the internet speed shown for me is in my country. I did it this time in another land, so you can see that the result is the same. I had to check very close by because there is no way to check in Oregon The internal functioning of the server is good, there are no problems there. We are talking about the data sent by the server to the outside.

Server ping

Real ping+ server ping

I would also like to add that I was on this map, everything was loaded and everything showed properly. In my client, the cache is set to be unlimited. I quickly went to the other land and came back quickly, then I show you how things are going. It takes about 4-5 minutes for everything to load, after that, sometimes everything gets fixed and everything starts to display properly. And sometimes certain elements of land and avatars are distorted (some of them are not) and it's no longer worth waiting for a long time, it's not fixed, you have to leave land again and come back again, hoping that everything will load properly.

• Lindens
1 hour ago, NightDragons said:

It takes about 4-5 minutes for everything to load, after that, sometimes everything gets fixed and everything starts to display properly.

One thing to keep in mind:  content like meshes and textures do not come directly from Linden.  These are supplied by a CDN with PoPs (Points-of-Presence) around the world.  Not all of these perform as well as they should.  And we have seen cases where an ISP attempts to hijack the CDN using DNS.  They then point the CDN's DNS names to their 'optimized' caching system which is then found to be both buggy and slow.  This hijacking problem can be avoided by using a more trusted DNS server (8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1, etc.).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.