Land to a group?

Armanth Lathrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I have a large plot with stuff on it and I decide I want to deed it to a group I've created, is there a way to make sure things I've already placed transfer to the group and not vanish and get returned back to me? I saw someone mention in another forum post that I need to keep autoreturn at 0? Also, is there a benefit to deeding it to a group beyond the extra percentage?

31 minutes ago, Armanth Lathrop said:

Also, is there a benefit to deeding it to a group beyond the extra percentage?

The % you is a bonus part added to your tier level, you don't get it in land, but can buy more land, if you want to extend your parcel, there has to be land for sale, in the right m2, next to your parcel. Otherwise it's only a added new parcel somewhere else..
The benefit of groupland is more that you can other people manage and use your land. Even give some the same rights as the owner of the group has. But be carefull.. give them full rights, means they share the same as you ... and its upon you to see if you trust them enough to do that.
If you only use the group for the bonus %, be sure you have at least one alt joining the group or it will be closed. 

3 hours ago, Armanth Lathrop said:

If I have a large plot with stuff on it and I decide I want to deed it to a group I've created, is there a way to make sure things I've already placed transfer to the group and not vanish and get returned back to me? I saw someone mention in another forum post that I need to keep autoreturn at 0? Also, is there a benefit to deeding it to a group beyond the extra percentage?

You don't necessarily need to keep autoreturn at 0, but you probably should set it that way before deeding the land to group. (Technically, it's supposed to flip to 0 on transfer anyway, but just to be safe.) After that, if you turn autoreturn back on, anything not set to that land-owning group will get sent back to the owner's Lost & Found folder. So if you have anything on a group-owned parcel that you want to keep but for some reason can't set to group, you can't use autoreturn (but it's very rare that there's stuff you can't set to group unless it's owned by somebody no longer in SL or something weird like that).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.