Help with permissions on item

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone have a guide on how to set permissions for unpacking after transferring?

I have a shopping bag of items and while it's unpacking fine for my character it isn't unpacking for others.  I am still new to this and I am feeling my way through.  I am at a loss to know where I went wrong.

Helps would be much appreciate :)

There are lots of ways permissions can go wrong which is why one uses an alt to test product delivery. Maybe that's how this problem got discovered before customers encountered it.

My guess is that this time there's something in the delivery package that isn't fully set to be copiable for the next owner, and that the unpacking script is using llGiveInventoryList()—a function that's very handy because it can create a nicely named folder in the recipient's inventory, but that cannot deal with no-copy contents. Note, though, that when it stumbles over a no-copy item it makes a tremendous fuss about it, so if it's really the problem it should have left that clue.

One other thing, it's easy at first to overlook stuff inside the delivered product that doesn't have appropriately permissive permissions for the next owner. If there happens to be a no-copy script inside a no-transfer object, that object can be neither transferred nor copied, for example. So it's necessary to check inside every to-be-delivered object to make sure any embedded assets are set with the right next-owner permissions.

Or it might be something else altogether, but whatever it is, an alt can help debug by manually unpacking the delivery box and seeing what permissions the stuff has.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.