Invisible object

Loessina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This invisible object, is it physical, (ie can you walk through it I assume not)?  Can you see it if you  "show transparent" (CTRL+ SHIFT + T)?  If so it is intruding onto your land from a neighbour (in which case you can return it via parcel autoreturn since it is transgressing onto your land) while it is visible in show transparent (it should show up in red).

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

Those are all the right questions. Assuming it's something you can bump into, if it's not visible with "show transparent" then there's some aberrant physics shape involved, possibly something set non-phantom that was always meant to be phantom (like a sculpty, even maybe a sim surround), a mesh or prim using Convex Hull physics shape when it shouldn't, or even just a big mesh with a bad physics model.

If you're comfortable sharing the location, somebody might be able to figure out what's going on by making a site visit and using a script to raycast to it or monitor "bump into" collisions with it. There are also viewer tools for examining physics in a scene but personally I've never successfully interpreted those displays.

• Like 1

(Quick follow-up for anybody encountering a similar problem: After profile stalking I made a site visit and met Loessina on the parcel while I was hunting the "physics disturbance". Raycasting found nothing but dropping a collision script on it revealed a "beach grass" mesh that may have originally been a child link with "None" physics type but here was its own separate object with a very strange physics model.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.