Homestead wanted

Reece Maloney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry, are you looking to rent?

Not sure of your account level, but unless you're Premium Plus you must first own a full sim to buy a homestead. Premium Plus members can now buy and own one homestead with their membership. If you are looking to buy and can, just go through Linden Labs.

Renting is available to anyone, of course. Just to let you know the math ...

Homesteads cost a landlord $109/month (and $149 to spin up and own first month, so $109 + $40 to get it live). That's equivalent today to L26,923. Landlords will often say their rent is /month when they mean 4 weeks. Careful with that. Anyway ... (26,923*12) / 52 weeks = 6,213/week is their cost in Lindens. I offer this only so you can judge what's a good deal and how much profit you want to give a landlord when looking at a weekly rent.

Some rental agencies are really good and only charge a few dollars more / month to rent their homestead. Others? Are asking for the equivalent of $40 (or more) profit on a homestead every month. Shop wisely.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Sorry, are you looking to rent?

Not sure of your account level, but unless you're Premium Plus you must first own a full sim to buy a homestead. Premium Plus members can now buy and own one homestead with their membership. If you are looking to buy and can, just go through Linden Labs.

Renting is available to anyone, of course. Just to let you know the math ...

Homesteads cost a landlord $109/month (and $149 to spin up and own first month, so $109 + $40 to get it live). That's equivalent today to L26,923. Landlords will often say their rent is /month when they mean 4 weeks. Careful with that. Anyway ... (26,923*12) / 52 weeks = 6,213/week is their cost in Lindens. I offer this only so you can judge what's a good deal and how much profit you want to give a landlord when looking at a weekly rent.

Some rental agencies are really good and only charge a few dollars more / month to rent their homestead. Others? Are asking for the equivalent of $40 (or more) profit on a homestead every month. Shop wisely.

The place I rented my homestead from still has them at 6099L/week.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.