Making an Avatar for this Website

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, the thead posted before is all what you need to know how to make a forum avatar.

As for me Im not good at using photoshop, so I just took a 170x195 (size recomended on the thread) photo in-world and uploaded it directly here. 

I know, I tried to crop my photo to the correct size and got this horrible avatar. 

Thanks u all, I'll look into this and see if I can do this because I have never done layers on Photoshop if that's what u r talking about by a background?  I have another program that does layers and is so much easier to use, I might be able to use that but I'm not sure the other program supports a png.  It's an older program.  I think the program that I'm talking about where I know how to layer, uses jpeg only.  I'll need to check on that. 

But anyhow, r u talking about making a layered photo in Photoshop or another program and then importing it here? 

I still need to read the blog instructions in this thread, so that may give me some answers.  However, cry, I want to do this the easiest way! 

Thanks Dres!  What a relief!  I was reading that blog and basically went "no way", not this year, anyhow.  

Also, I need time to do a better photo inworld, the one I used was just for testing purposes, and failed as you can see, but the photo was no good anyways, was just doing a test.  

And okay, won't change to jpeg.  For some reason I thought I might get better quality with a jpeg, but didn't, so that's no use. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.