I can't buy Lindens! What the heck am I doing wrong???

Ikiro Tryce

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, so, on most sites, you can just go to the buying page and then there's an option to pay through paypal. You log in to paypal, they confirm the transaction, the money is taken out of your account, and you've got what you want. Apparently Secondlife isn't like that. What the heck do I have to do to buy Lindens?? I'm getting really frustrated!!!

I tried going to the dashboard. I get a message that says: "

We are unable to complete your request.
  • Could not charge account.
  • The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again."

There's some thing that says "credit card type" and it's empty and I can't change it. Also, I tried to link my paypal account and that didn't change anything. ._.

2 answers to this question

I had the same issue long ago. Happily I make enough now not to need to buy Lindens.

The Paypal option doesn't seem to work well as I too was trying to use a verified Paypal account. I got the exact same message as you posted. So my best suggestion would be to change your billing method to a credit card and see if you can get that to go through. You can also send in a ticket on something like this I think. It could go under "billing" perhaps which was still in the list of viable ticket options recently.

If you have a RL friend in SL that you trust, you could have them buy lindens for you and then give them to you. Beware of buying lindens "off the street" though as some of those I hear are bogus.

Good luck. 

If all else fails join the freebie culture of SL *wink*. That in itself is a journey. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.