Tabbing out makes character sit/run in place?

FurryPawLife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time I click out of SL (Firestorm) and go look at something else like Google, my character sits down, and when I tab back in I start running in place. 

I've tried to fix it with getting rid of any AFK settings as well as taking off my AO, but that hasn't changed anything.

This all started after I did a clean reinstall of Windows to refresh things on my computer, and SL was the first thing I reinstalled, so I doubt it's a memory issue? Any help fixing this appreciated.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, FurryPawLife said:

Seems like that fixed it! Strange that it did that even when set to never timeout, but appreciate the help.

Glad it helped, but I still think there's a part of your question unanswered: Why does it set you "away" when the whole viewer is minimized? I could have sworn there used to be a setting for that, but I sure can't find it in Preferences nor debug settings. I logged in an alt to check and when the Away timeout is "never" the avatars don't go "away" in either Firestorm nor Linden viewers*, but when that timeout is any value other than "never" they immediately go into away mode when the viewer is minimized (not when the window merely loses focus).

The "Sit when away" option may be Firestorm specific; it has that "sandbox griefer protection" feel common to many FS features, and I don't see it in the Linden viewer. I know avatars used to play a "nod off" animation when they went "away" and I don't see that at all anymore even with my AO disabled. There must have been some changes at some point. [ETA: and yeah, the Firestorm "Sit when away" didn't trigger for my alt when the timeout is "never" but it did for you, so that's really strange, like there's another setting hidden somewhere.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.