Question regarding boxing items

Elle Enchanted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

Im a new merhcant to marketplace and have a small question regarding boxing my items.

In world i have a couple of small stalls where i sell my items from boxes, with the boxes set as selling contents and their price of 30L...

Now, if im selling them on marketplace, what permissions and things do i need to set the box as, the items themselves are no copy, no mod but transferrable... so do i make the box like that.. and then what do i do about setting the box for sale? or do i leave that blank and set it up to selling price in the listing on marketplace??

sorry if it seems like a dumb question.. i just dont want to pop the boxes in as they are set as 30L... to find that the person who buys it then has to pay again to open the box! LOL

any help appreciated thanks

The permissions on the box should be trans if you intend the box to be giftable along with it's contents.  Otherwise it's not particularly important.  When someone owns an item set to sale, they do not have to pay the item to access it or its contents because they already own it.  You can change this value to not for sale or whatever, but so far as I can tell, it makes no real difference to anything.

Theres some good advice here for getting set up on the Marketplace, including box settings:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

The permissions of the box arent that important unless you want people to me able to modify\copy\transfer the box itself, although to avoid confusion it might be best to set the permissions to the same as the contents.

What I would recommened is that you set the boxes to "open" before you put them in the magic box for sale on the marketplace. This is not essential, but it does ease things a litle for the user as they just need to click the box to open it when it gets delivered this way. You could just throw the box straight in as it is with the set for sale option (the person would just be paying themselves to open it!) However, it could confuse newer users so I think it's better to set to "open".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.