What is my recourse?

kyslestavlennya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am renting a skybox parcel (not a 'regular parcel' -- just renting a skybox) from an established company that I've used in the past.

Part of their covenant is that I use THEIR security orb (which happens to be CasperSafe).

The CasperSafe is malfunctioning, letting anyone in - I've double checked all the settings I have access to, and yes, I've reset the orb, several times...  still malfunctioning.

The company has a support ticket system, which is apparently not working, or they're not following up on it within 24 hours as promised - it's been a week.  I have put in multiple tickets, AND have IM'd and notecarded all the owners/support people....  

I'm having a serious issue (involving AFK rape of all things), that has resulted in abuse reports against the interlopers, already (fat lot of good THAT is going to do, but I gotta try).  BUT, what recourse do I have against the rental company?  It seems that I'm forced to use their non-working system, and can be ejected from my rental, if I put in my own.  Is there some way I can toss this at LL?  

Granted, I recognize that LL will probably do nothing, if they even bother to look at it... but CC'ing the company with a LL report might help, I dunno.  

Is there a forum or some other public venue I can air this issue, so that others are aware of it?

Thanks

frowning_face.png?1500027216

• Sad 1

3 answers to this question

sorry, a follow up:

Yes, I can quit renting there... on the one hand, it's a big skybox, quite expensive, and I've pre-paid over a month, so I have an investment in it.  On another hand, I quite LIKE the property, which is why I've returned there (and pre-paid over a month).  Normally, they're good about responding, but this time, I'm barking up an empty tree.  *sighs*

• Sad 1

Just put up your own security orb, ideally one that works similarly to CasperSafe. Theirs isn't working and you've given your best effort to talk to them about getting it fixed.

They're not checking your security system and they're not checking their support tickets, so they're probably not even going to notice you using another system in the first place. If they do, explain the above.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.