Issues staying on SL

Victory Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everytime I sign on to SL I am only able to stay on for about 10 minutes or so.  This has only started happening since May of this year.  I have been playing on SL since February and there was never a problem.   I thought it was because my graphics card was messing up because it was overheating my laptop.  It totally freezes my whole computer.  Now it doesn't even wait to overheat it just freezes the computer and I have to unplug it to shut it down.  What would be causing that? 

You might have got a currupted file, your chips might have the little bits of materials (wich is etched all microscopic like) moved a little apart and now when it heats up a little the system just fails. But software freezes? This might be currupted files. 

Reinstall the viewer, delete all the files associated with it as well...wow, there is a forum post and wiki entry about this. I am sorry I can't find the article, but it has to do with deleting folders usually kept when reinstalling. I am sorry I can be of no more help, I have to run.

I'm having the exact same problem.  Originally my computer started to overheat but I changed all the settings on my laptop and bought a cooling pad to put under it.  Everything was going fine until recently.  Now I can only log in for a few minutes and the entire computer freezes up and requires me to hold the power button in for a hard shut down.  Once I do that I have to wait about 5 minutes in order for it to start back up again without it automatically turning off again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.