Bank suggestion

DoctorKaren Kanto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I doubt LL has any interest in operating a "bank" other than in the way it does now. You buy L$s and they're held in your account. I've been in SL for four years and never had L$s skimmed or scammed from me.

There used to be banks inworld, but the TOS was changed to prohibit "offering interest or any direct return on investment (whether in L$ or other currency) from any object, such as an ATM, located in Second Life, without proof of an applicable government registration statement or financial institution charter."

If somebody can't make a buck by holding your money for you (or absconding with it), they're not likely to do it. Especially if there's too much paperwork involved. :smileyvery-happy:

Just as everyone in SL must watch who you do business with in anything (item purchases, land purchases/rental, borrowing or anything else) they also insist that you take care of your account and all that your account holds (L$ included).  They won't get involved with resident to resident disputes, and they won't watch out your money.  That's your responsibility....grab it and hold on to it tightly.

Banks are banned in SL since the largest one crashed and 1000s of us lost all our money.

We never got our money back and LL closed down the rest of them to stop it ever happening again.

The closest thing that exists now is if you decided to store your money in your account on one of the alternate currency exchanges, but its up to you whether you consider that to be safer than storing it in SL. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

Another alternative would be to sell your Lindens and keep a US$ balance on your SL account. https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/sell.php

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.