Adding Nature Sounds

PaytonPITA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few ways!  Your home has neighbourhood sound effects already if you uncheck the "sound" box in the "sound" tab of the About Land box. 

Alternatively there are a few different soundscape designers that make good sound effects-in-a-prim that you can rez onto your property to hear different things (birds or garden or ocean or whatever it is that's relevant to your parcel.)  I like Botanical's FX series to enhance the already lovely soundscape in Bellisseria.

Edited by Lyric Demina
  • Like 4

Which sounds are you asking about?  I think only the trads don't have mole-added sounds around the neighborhood. 

Check land settings to make sure sounds aren't restricted to your parcel if you want to hear the mole-sounds.

You can buy nature sounds on the marketplace for your own listening, but please restrict them to your parcel because your neighbors might not want to hear the sounds you choose. 

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3

Thank you both.

I do hear some sounds if I turn my volume up to really high, of course, that makes any other dings I get extremely loud.  I only hear those sounds when in front of the house. 

I was looking to add nature sounds.

Oh, I am in a traditional house so I wonder if the sounds Im hearing or from neighbors which is why I have to turn up the volume so loudly.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Lyric Demina said:

Alternatively there are a few different soundscape designers that make good sound effects-in-a-prim that you can rez onto your property to hear different things (birds or garden or ocean or whatever it is that's relevant to your parcel.)  I like Botanical's FX series to enhance the already lovely soundscape in Bellisseria.

This is what I did.

I have something from 'Love Superstore' - which is a place that makes trees, plants, and so on.

A 'forest evergreen tree pack' I got from them has some 'nature rocks' that play assorted ambient sounds I can pick. Of course the real reason I bought the pack was a lot of low land impack high detail great LOD trees that look like the trees where I am in RL and happened to match the trees where my camper was when I got it.

Sometimes you can and sometimes you "can't" uncheck the nearby sounds box because of what sounds neighbors might have. To which point, if I have any sounds other than those ambient rocks going on - I check the restrict sound option to not be a bother to my neighbors (but I haven't had other sound effects in ages).

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lyric Demina said:

A few ways!  Your home has neighbourhood sound effects already if you uncheck the "sound" box in the "sound" tab of the About Land box. 

Lyric, love the nature series.  Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.