Sent Inventory on llListen

2toe Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so i want a object to send a notecard when it hears something on llReagonSay

But i dont wanna use UUID, becasue if theres a reasone to rerez or if theres several of these.

I have object say llRegionSay(-111,"Update Request"); to triger the send

But not do i heave object B send with out a UUID ? Also thinking i want it to only send to the one that asks. 

So if i have say 5 object A and only one gets rerezed how would i get the update to the one object ?

Pretty much

I really dont wanna use UUID at all

and if not to complex be able to only send to object hat shouted and not all named the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark you basicly shown my 80% of what i know of LSL lol someone should pay this guy (if only i had some L$ lol)

I am not at all sure that I understand your question, but let me gve it a shot.

When you use llGiveInventory, you need to provide a UUID for the object or avatar you are sending the object to.  If you are sending it on request, then the request will be heard in a listen event.  Whenever a listen event is triggered, it tells you where the message came from.  So all you need to write is ...

listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string msg){     if(msg == "Gimme Object B")     {          llGiveInventory(id, "Object B");     }}

Is that what you were asking?

You can't just send items to "the sim."  You have to send then to specific recipients and you need to know their UUIDs.  But if you are only sending Object B when it has been requested, you already know the UUID, so what's the problem?

Congratulations.  Now, to simplify that, you can either remove the "Update Request" filter from the llListen statement, or remove the if (msg == "Update Request") test from the listen event.  You don't need both of them, because they do exactly the same thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.