Looking for Beginner Friendly RP Community

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize that I'm probably asking a lot here, but I'm really interested in joining an active RP community. I'm not new to SL and I'm not even necessarily new to RP, I just haven't had a lot of experience with really in-depth, story-driven RP and have mostly only done random scenes. I'm not good at para RP and am still learning. I'm also pretty shy which doesn't help much so I have a hard time initiating RP and getting involved in scenarios and communities that are already pretty established. I've joined some of the more popular family/community RP sims but basically had this problem there. Either there was no one around and nothing going on, or people were already doing their own thing and I didn't really know how to bring myself into that. Some communities I've checked out are also pretty strict on RP ability and lean more para RP and aren't the most forgiving to people who can't keep up. 

Basically what I'm looking for is an active RP community that's welcoming to newcomers and a place where I can learn. It doesn't even have to have a ton of members, but an active core community most days would be preferable. Other features that I like but aren't necessarily required are:

-Houses/Rentals
-The ability to own a business and/or have a job
-MyStory friendly

I'm pretty open to most themes, like family/community, supernatural, urban, adult, etc. If anyone can help a shy girl out and send some recommendations my way, I would greatly appreciate it. 

• Like 1

It might not be what you're looking for, but a fun casual rp sim to check out is The Wastelands - the one that's at least 8 regions. RP is optional. Combat is optional. There are rental parcels, which can be for a post-appocalyptic themed store with avatar clothing, in game food, weapons, etc.

I'm shy too, which can make RP difficult. The best RP I did was as a priestess in an ancient Alexandria sim. My alt Alycia was also a tavern server, my wolf was a pet wolf, and Persephone was a shop-keeper all in a Game of Thrones sim. It helps if you have a job that allows you to interact with other characters.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It might not be what you're looking for, but a fun casual rp sim to check out is The Wastelands - the one that's at least 8 regions. RP is optional. Combat is optional. There are rental parcels, which can be for a post-appocalyptic themed store with avatar clothing, in game food, weapons, etc.

I'm shy too, which can make RP difficult. The best RP I did was as a priestess in an ancient Alexandria sim. My alt Alycia was also a tavern server, my wolf was a pet wolf, and Persephone was a shop-keeper all in a Game of Thrones sim. It helps if you have a job that allows you to interact with other characters.

Thank you. Yeah, I was definitely thinking having a job or business would help me out a lot. 

I actually used to live in The Wastelands years ago on my alt. Awesome to hear that it's still going strong. I definitely need to stop by for a visit soon. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Josie!  I don't know if this will be the sort of thing you're looking for but Nightingale Estate is a new RP sim.  Because it's new things will be quieter but we're dedicated to building a small core of people that actively participate in the RP there.  Perhaps it would be something to join now so you're in from the beginning?

We've got rentals and we're a MyStory affiliate so totally compatible.

The style of roleplay is really varied and not enforced.  Some people visit the sim because they like the atmosphere, other visit specifically for roleplay.  We want it to be open for everyone no matter how much or little they want to roleplay or what style is used.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nightingale Estate/186/179/24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.