Is M1 Macbook Air for creation and design

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just switched to macos.

Is M1 Macbook Air 8gb enough to for creations and design ?

Is there any disadvantages like lack of blender scripts etc

And what other programs u need to design except Blender and photoshop ?

Apple user since an Apple II here .. i.e, I've been using Apple machines as my primary computer since 1979. In a few words, "Yeah, sort of."

Photoshop and Blender both run fine on an M1, not stellar, but adequately. But with only 8GB you won't be happy running them at the same time with the macOS taking up not a small portion of that 8GB, so the barrier to better performance here is that.

I could easily run my big Wacom and do art in Krita if I wanted to on my older Mac Mini with an M1.

That said, performance will be less than ideal. It won't feel sluggish unless you compare it to another better processor, but the M1 is not as weak a chip as some think. There's a significant advantage to that chip's architecture with everything on a single chip, so much so that Intel is moving now in this direction. But yes, you can create and design on that, but I'd have wanted at least 16GB of RAM to help. You may especially find rendering scenes in Blender, if you need to do that, pretty slow.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Maybe I wasn't clear.  You "can" run Blender and photoshop on your machine.  What you will NOT be able to do is run those programmes AND SL.  SL is very memory hungry and it will slow your machine to a crawl if any of the other programmes run alongside SL.

So, if you will run SL on a seperate machine, sure go ahead.  If not, sorry to be blunt but forget it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.