Is it possible for a person to move my objects without edit rights?

DaleAltington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a very strange thing happen when I was decorating my skybox. A person began moving objects without even being a friend (let alone having object editing checked) and the objects did not have "move" by anyone enabled either. Am I missing something here? I ended up just locking everything just in case I come back and my chair is on the wall again... I have never had this happen before.

2 answers to this question

I have heard tales of this happening, but I have never been able to verify them or find out if/how it is possible.

I would file an Abuse Report with LL. Give as much detail as possible, including the location, the time as near as you can tell, which object(s) you believe were moved, and the name of the person who moved them, if you know it. I suggest that you use "harassment" as the AR category.

You might also install a visitor counter so that you can see who comes onto your parcel and when, if you are not certain about who the culprit is.

If you have objects that are set to  "share with group" as in some rentals, then anyone in the group can move things around.  Setting up a privacy orb may help but depending on how things are set up they could be far away.  Locking seems to be a very good idea!   

image.png.17e0e87eb59a8547674bad0b346271f9.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.