Question About Building Your Own Skybox Hangout/Lounge/DJ Spot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey hey, question for you all, my friend that I started second life with met a dude that had a night club, he had a friend who wildly gave me lindens to go get DJ stuff since I used to DJ and blah blah, well me and my were talking and since I have 3 properties at which I am paying 90 a month for including premium plus, I have no idea what to do with my 1 property since I now have moved to an ocean property by the blake sea, we were wanting to made a club of our own there was a place called big tiddy goth warehouse and it went poof, the owner just quit. I would like to make use of this DJ stuff and also make a goth type hang out up in the sky, does anyone know of any places that sell full buildings that are not furnished? I remember some that were way to amazing but cant find them now. or does everyone just build them from a box and texture them from there? any help would be amazing! please and thank you!

Depends on how big of a parcel you have as to which build you can use.   

I've used this one several times...it's 20 x 30 meters  47 land impace

Second Life Marketplace - !! Sky Labs !! WareHouse 47 1.0 Skybox  

This one is mesh and 14.5 x 9.5 meters  Only 20 land impact...

Second Life Marketplace - [agu] Industrial Skybox (Small)

• Like 1

Not sure if the location you are intending to use is the one you got via premium plus - if it is then you would be able to have a hangout place but you are prevented by the covenant from having any form of commercial activity and that includes tipping.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:30 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Depends on how big of a parcel you have as to which build you can use.   

I've used this one several times...it's 20 x 30 meters  47 land impace

Second Life Marketplace - !! Sky Labs !! WareHouse 47 1.0 Skybox  

This one is mesh and 14.5 x 9.5 meters  Only 20 land impact...

Second Life Marketplace - [agu] Industrial Skybox (Small)

Thank you both for the replies I never got a notification that anybody replied I just checked on this just now but thank you very much that's more information than what I started with! my land is at 8,000m have have just under 3,000 prims to work with on mainland, I'll definitely be taking this advice and checking it out I appreciate it

5 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

Not sure if the location you are intending to use is the one you got via premium plus - if it is then you would be able to have a hangout place but you are prevented by the covenant from having any form of commercial activity and that includes tipping.

I'm not sure what I did on the last post apparently I wrote Under what the previous commenter had said but my land is at 8,000m so it's a pretty big Square parcel where I'm able to really go through and decorate I'm in an M rated region so it's not intended to be adult it's just supposed to be a lounge I would like to put my DJ setup in it have a hot tub some place where the gothic type can hang out since the last hangout just went poof, I wanted to know if there were any actual pre-built buildings instead of going through and actually building one by scratch the previous comment gave me some ideas but because I have 8,000 square meters of space I don't know if there's anything larger than a 1024 I'll have to do some investigating

I'd actually suggest starting with a smaller more intimate space.  Nothing worse than a huge club with hardly anyone in it.  Since you have a lot of prims to work.with, build different levels.  Club on one level, a home type build on another, something on the ground.  When I had my homestead, I had my main house on the ground, another house in a wooded area and another place in a skybox.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.