BoM Arm Tattoo

JohhnyGood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to make a tattoo that will only show on the right arm. I know the UV does place it on both arms. I have watched many tutorials on how to make it apply to just the one arm however none are working at all. I use Legacy body which is what im just trying to get it to work with for now and go from there. I have tried to make it using the universal route and for some reason even following step by step when I add the texture it still applies it to both arms.

You need a seperate UV Map on your 2 arms then use the Aux layer channels. You will also need the skin texture for your upper body. Here is a quick hack to get a second arm if your mesh body does not allow seperate arm UVs:

1. create 2 copies of body
  2. put on body
  3. hide one arm with alpha HUD
  4. remove body
  5. put on other body
  6. hide all but arm
  7. create skin applier also applies Aux channel to upper body and use it
  8. update your skin to also have upper in Aux, alternatively use upper body skin as lowest tattoo level for Aux)
  9. create tattoo with two different upper channels, one in Aux one in upper body and use
  10. wear both bodies
  11. Optional: curse like a madman because you confused left and right side
Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Legacy comes with a "Styles" devkit included. If you unpack those, you'll find a configuration notecard that allows you to apply asymmetrical left arm/foot UUIDs. That's where you want to enter the BAKED_LEFTARM and BAKED_LEFTLEG texture UUIDs in order to use the BOM left arm/leg texture slots.

The left arm UUID is:

ff62763f-d60a-9855-890b-0c96f8f8cd98

The left leg UUID is:

8e915e25-31d1-cc95-ae08-d58a47488251

You don't need separate UVs for this to work, you just need the same skin texture on the left-side slot and whatever other layers you want to apply just to that side.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.