Why spelling in critical in descriptions .. a tale of silliness :)

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been selling for the three years I've been here in my art gallery. I use a lengthy, but general, kind of description when listing a new work, and have, for the most part, just generally cut and pasted the most updated version of that for every work I add to my MP. That way I don't forget to mention anything.

My work in world is abstract (usually), unlike my current RL style I've settled into. But for all that time, SL has required me to rate it "M" rather than "G" for some unknown reason. It's abstract art, it really is a G-rated kind of thing. So today I was pushing a new work into my MP in the inventory control area and cut and pasted the very latest description and read through it again, to see if I wanted to tweak any little thing. And there it was ...

For all those years I thought I've been saying that my art is a 3:2 or 2:3 format on biRch panel. Ahem. That's not what the description for all 32 works said ... they said my art is done on something called a "b*Tch" panel. Yes, I'm apparently painting my work on the side of a female dog. Oopsie.

For at least the last couple of years that little spelling mistake (not caught by my spell checker since that is a word) has made my G-rated abstract art M-rated.

Moral of this story? Make sure to thoroughly spell check your item descriptions

giphy.gif

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
removed extra P space
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.