Rigging my clothes, I've somehow screwed up.

David Parfort

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Allo! I've been rigging a 3d mesh robe, and on uploading...it attaches correctly. It looks good, texture attached just right....but the sleeves don't move, and it doesn't have any flexibility on the bottom. My arms are just jutting out the shoulders, the sleeves are staying right where they are, and the bottom of the robe resembles an hollow treetruck with legs moving out of it.

What am I missing? This is probably super-simple, I just can't think of it.

Any advice, folks?

EDIT: Also, it's not flexible _ANYWHERE_ - it's not moving with the neck, the shoulders...it's immobile and just...there. I've fouled it up, so any help would be appreciated.

Snapshot_055.png

Edited by David Parfort

On 6/29/2023 at 1:23 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Seems like it has not been rigged at all, or to any correctly named bones.

Have you used a proper SL skeleton for your rig? Do you use any plugins like Avastar?

I thought I had rigged it to the skeleton, using Avastar....but maybe it's the wrong names on the items! I might have put it together with something by accident. I'll check and get back to this!

On 6/28/2023 at 11:20 PM, David Parfort said:

Allo! I've been rigging a 3d mesh robe, and on uploading...it attaches correctly.

If it landed in the general area that it needed to be when you wore it then it makes sense that some of the skinning took effect.  If you had to adjust it, to place it into the general area, then is it possible that you uploaded it without weights?

It's also possible that the uploader hiccuped, which is happening right now in beta grid, so keep that in mind when you're pulling your hair out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.