Selling part of my land

AutumnRaineSkye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to downsize, and I was wondering, is there a way to sell just half the land I already own?  I currently have 4096, but am looking to go to 2048.  Wondering if I can just sell half of what I currently own, or if I have to sell it all and buy one that is 2048.  

Yes. One of the land tools lets you subdivide your parcel, so you can cut it in half and sell half. You could also cut off pieces from any sides or corners, then sell or abandon them.

As a reminder, though, if you create a group with yourself and an alt in it, then transfer your land to this group, you can own 10% more land, without having to pay any extra tier fees. All parcel sizes need to be divisable by 16, since the smallest size we can cut off or buy is 16 sq. meters Thus you could have 2048 sq. m + 192 sq. m = 2240 sq. m for the same price as 2048 sq. m. This would be 12 extra 4×4 squares of land and the extra prims that go with them.

Another option is to have your alt be Premium too, so they would be able to own 1024 m without paying tier fees. With the 10 % group bonus, this would let you own 2048 sq. m + 1024 sq. m + 304 sq. m = 3376 sq. m.

Annual Premium payments are of course the best deal, and if you have 2 Premium accounts, those should be started on different months, so they wouldn't be due at the same time.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If this is Mainland (presumably, the post being in the Mainland forum), you can almost always split a 4096 to whatever size and shape you want, with the excellent instructions @Persephone Emerald supplied above.

There may be a very few 4096 parcels on certain Zindra regions (and I believe that's the only place) that are "urban zoned" that will not allow the land to be subdivided. (This is way more common on Estates, though). To tell whether a parcel's region allows subdividing of parcels check the Region settings: Screenshot2023-06-24025221.thumb.png.bf677cd87b2ced1f0f18659a50ba1f75.png
(That's the Linden viewer but it should be similar in other viewers too.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.