Newbiee help

Millazee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! First i am so sorry if this question is repeating. 
i have a standar SL avatar, but want to learn how to put on all head shape skin face and what ever the is here. My problem is i cannot find where to start. do i need ehad first or skin or body shape, this so confusing. i tried look up  so many YT videos, but i have hard time understand. is there no step by step how to apply what to get and so? >
Do i find head first for then buy body that goes with head then skin and shape?? or..?  I havse littlbit concentration issues so it might be understandable for soemone but for me this is rlly complex. But i want to learn so i can enjoy SL. 

Tnx in advance. 

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Millazee said:

Hi! First i am so sorry if this question is repeating. 
i have a standar SL avatar, but want to learn how to put on all head shape skin face and what ever the is here. My problem is i cannot find where to start. do i need ehad first or skin or body shape, this so confusing. i tried look up  so many YT videos, but i have hard time understand. is there no step by step how to apply what to get and so? >
Do i find head first for then buy body that goes with head then skin and shape?? or..?  I havse littlbit concentration issues so it might be understandable for soemone but for me this is rlly complex. But i want to learn so i can enjoy SL. 

Tnx in advance. 

There's a great set of tutorials on YouTube.  It's a good idea to watch some of those and THEN come back with specific questions.  

• Like 1

Buying a mesh body, mesh head, skin, hair and clothes can be very confusing and expensive. Don't rush into it. You don't have to do these things to enjoy Second Life. 

If you're sure you want to spend money on upgrading your avatar's appearance, watch the YouTube videos and get advice here on the forum and from groups inworld, before spending money. Always demo mesh and skins before buying.

Next, do you want a female or a male avatar? Female avatars have more choices available for mesh bodies, mesh heads, skin, hair, clothes & etc. They also have more free things available. There are always nice free things on Marketplace and inworld, but December and June have the most. You may be able to get a very good free mesh head from Lelutka in December or a good inexpensive one from Akeruka in June. You can join the Akeruka group now in case they might have a $ 1 group gift head. Genus and a couple other stores also have free mesh heads now. If you get a mesh head, either use the shape that comes with it or one made for that brand, then make a copy of that shape and adjust it to your liking.

A mesh body that has plenty of skins and clothing made for it is more important than a mesh head if you want to have plenty of nice clothes. The most commonly used female body is Maitreya Lara, but the nearly free Atenea body from the Midnight Madness board at LucyBody fits skins and clothes made for Maitreya. You can hit their MM board for that body now for free, then get their Bakes On Mesh applier later. The 3 most commonly used male bodies are Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni, or Legacy Male. There are a few free or almost free options for males too, but these will have fewer clothes that fit them.

Skins for mesh bodies and heads typically come in 2 pieces, a skin for the body and a matching skin on a tattoo layer for the head. 7 Deadly Skins and I think Wow Skins sell skins that are all one piece. The female skins from 7 Deadly Skins are made for Maitreya Lara by default and say on the vendor picture which mesh head they're made for. They have a couple free skins for newbies, free skins on their Midnight Madness boards, and some other inexpensive skins. Sometimes their group is free to join, and group members can get more free skins. They have some older male skins, but they mostly focus on female skins.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.