Why is marketplace delivery so slow lately??

Draxamus Eros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not just with my products, but with things I buy too. Can take over ten minutes for an item to get delivered sometimes. I can't speak for others, but my own magic box is in a decent sim, and has only one item in it. So I know it isn't magic box lag. Maybe the new direct delivery system will fix the slowness! But I doubt LL will do anything about the flaws in the current system.

In sl, I don't consider ten minutes a long time to wait for delivery, lol.

But the Marketplace does that all the time. There are times when it delivers near instant, and others when it doesn't. I doubt very much direct delivery will fix any of this as sometimes we get the same slower delivery in-world when someone hands us something. Nature of the beast I suppose. Not so sure they'll ever do anything to fix it, but it's definitely not a new issue. Maybe you just never noticed it before.

The servers are in San Francisco.

Anything between 1 June and Burning Man is subject to flake-out, much as stuff on midwestern servers is subject to flake-out between Thanksgiving and 1 January.

Barring some more compelling technical explanation (don't hold your breath), I believe I'm entitled to hold to this one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.