How do i get help about someone scamming me out of Lindens?

Morria Vesios

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got scammed about a month ago. I filed an abuse report but got no reply back. Someone put an add with bogus contents in it to look like a product I wanted. When I bought it and took it home the contents wer transparent. So  I notified the person of the original content and it shows i never even paid that person. I got scammed out of 9000L and I want my Lindens back!

4 answers to this question

I'm sorry this has happened to you.  The other responses are correct...LL very seldom gets involved in resident-to-resident disputes.  Also, the only response you will receive on an Abuse Report is the reply email from "Indra Abuse" confirming receipt.

You could ask the person who made the content you thought you were buying to also file an Abuse Report against the scammer.  And you can AR the scamming vendor object itself, as well as its owner.  Who owns the land where the scamming object is located?  If it's the scammer, not much you can do.  If it's the person who owns the original content, he can delete the offending object.  If it's a third party, notify them and ask them to 1) AR the scamming vendor object and its owner and 2) return the object.  Multiple Abuse Reports will sometimes get action better than a single one.

If you bought via the Marketplace, leave a scathing review and report the fraudulent ad there, too.

Good luck in your search for justice.

http://community.secondlife.com/to/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065. Hope that helps u need to file a abuse report or create a ticket and they will help as soon as they can u will receive emails if u create a ticket and will have to give your ticket number but other whys I hope u get your L back and enjoy your secondlife If u need anymore help u can contact me in world at. Alice real sl name Hannahrudy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.