can't copy photos back to inv from a notecard

swat Xeltentat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I copied my photos onto a notecard. I don't have a problem opening and viewing them, but the ones i highligh lighted and multiple copied over will not save back into my inv or copy onto another notecard. The ones i copied single onto the same notecard there is no problem. I deleted the origionals because i tested to see if they opened before deleting, which they do but then i came accross the problem. I'd be obliged for any ideas

3 answers to this question

I am not sure of your question. If you have the photos in your inventory and you copy them onto a notecard, why do you need to pull them back into your inventory if they are already there? The only thing I can think of is checking your notecard and the photos to see if you have the same permissions set on them. You can do this by right clicking the notecard as it is in your inventory and choosing 'Properties'. Same with the individual photos. You will want them to have full perms (copy/mod/transfer).

If I understand what you did, you put the pics in a notecard, than you deleted the originals from you inventory. If it is what you did, that’s the problem.

I had this problem before. I put an object in a note, than deleted the object from inventory. Than I saw it was not possible to me or anyone to take the object from the note. You have to maintain the original in your inventory – it seems that picas, objects, LM’s in notecards are in fact just a shortcut to the item in inventory. If the item is not in inventory anymore, the shortcut is broken.

You should be able to drag them from the notecard to your inventory.

If they are textures or snap shots they will go back to your texture folder, even if you try to drag them into your photo album folder. You can move them from textures to photo album after they are in your inventory though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.