How to remove/disable AO animation ?

cunomar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tuty daily life free male bento AO works for me far better than any of those i bought .

Must be 4 years since i last tried and failed for hours on end to customize any AO following notecard instructions exactly . Last one i bought the seller proved very helpful and offered to add a dance to the AO hud for me . But alas it never worked .

So yeah all i want is this free one to stop folding his arms , i went into edit and deleted that animation but it just broke it giving me error messages .

Hitting change stand all day every day gets irritating .

1 hour ago, cunomar said:

, i went into edit and deleted that animation but it just broke it giving me error messages .

Yeah, if you only delete the animation itself without removing its reference in the notecard, the script will follow the notecard, try to play the missing animation, and get an error.

I don't know how to investigate the innards of a "Tuty daily life free male bento AO" unless there's some way to get a copy to examine. If we're lucky, maybe it'll be based on some version of ZHAO 2, so then anybody could edit its notecards for sanity. There are also a bunch of other AO engines floating around, so it may not be that simple. How long is this notecard? Any reason not to paste the contents here in case we can figure out how to help?

• Like 1

I tracked down the store that gives away this AO, and the good news is that it is indeed based on ZHAO II so the configuration notecard looks pretty familiar. There shouldn't really be any "tricks" to either editing an existing notecard or making a new one and choosing to load that one instead.

It's true that the ZHAO script is pretty fussy about blank space characters where they belong and not where they don't, and "|" vertical bar characters (no spaces!) separating listed animations. But without seeing the particular problem situation, it's hard to know how to help with specifics.

[ETA: If you happen to be a Firestorm user, you can also use that viewer's built-in AO, populated with all the animations from the scripted AO and any others. It's okay but comes with its own configuration complexities so I'm not sure it would be a useful suggestion here—and certainly only for existing Firestorm users.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

Okay, if you're using the Default notecard with no other animations in the "Standing" list, you can just replace that line with:

[ Standing ]TDMLstand2

hit the "LOAD" button, select "Default", and should be ready to go in a few seconds, not doing the arm-crossing bit when standing.

(It doesn't actually matter if the anim is still in the object; if it's gone from the notecard, it won't get played once the script reloads the notecard.)

• Like 1

Thanks for that but i think theres a lot of instruction missing .

Gave me an idea to try though , so i mucked about until i found TDMLstand1 and renamed it TDMLstand2 . Which is obviously not the way to do it

https://gyazo.com/334a42818fbc4806ca318521ac37dedc

so now i will spend a couple of hours deleting tuty maybe 50 times from my inventory and going to the shop to get a new one .

Alright, let me see. It's this AO of the marketplace, right?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TuTy-DAILY-sLIFE-FREE-BASIC-BENTO-MALE-AO-Priority-3-and-4/7179649

Then here is a step by step guide on how to remove that animation without getting errors.

1. Attach the HUD.
  2. Right click on the HUD (either on screen or in your inventory) and select edit.
  3. In your content tab, select the notecard named "default". Open it.
  4. You should see something similar to this:
    [ Standing ]TDMLstand1|TDMLstand2
    [ Walking ]TDMLwalk1|TDMLwalk2
    [ Sitting ]TDMLSit

and so on
  5. Then like @Qie Niangao said, if your first line looks like the first line I posted here - then you can replace...
    • This line [ Standing ]TDMLstand1|TDMLstand2
    • With this line [ Standing ]TDMLstand2
  6. Please for the love of all that is holy, if your first line looks different, please paste the content of the notecard here so we can give you precise instructions - since we can't know what's in there or not.
  7. Save the notecard.
  8. Close the edit window (the one where you selected the default notecard).
  9. On your HUD, click the button labelled as LOAD.
  10. A dialogue window will open with one button in it: default
  11. Click default and wait a moment. If everything went well, your local chat should look something like this (and if not, ping back here) and you are done:
[00:09] Tuty DAILY sLIFE Free BENTO Male AO -Priority 4: Loading notecard 'Default'...
[00:09] Tuty DAILY sLIFE Free BENTO Male AO -Priority 4: 9 animation entries found in Notecard.
[00:09] Tuty DAILY sLIFE Free BENTO Male AO -Priority 4: Finished reading notecard 'Default'.
  • Like 3

Nope TDMLstand2 not found error .

I am guessing once i opened the default notecard i should have hit the edit tab on it before removing stand 1 from TDMLstand1[TDMLstand2

Why cant i drag to bulk delete 50 broken tutys from my inventory 🙄

Yay success thank you .

Right click the hud and select edit

Click the content tab and select default from the list .

click the edit tab in the popup .

find [ Standing ]TDMLstand1|TDMLstand2  delete the single digit 1 and replace it with 2 = [ Standing ]TDMLstand2|TDMLstand2 .

And that should be my AO sorted for another 6 years 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.