Advertisement Question

Lucious Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, ive been managing my community sim "The Oasis VLC" since 2020 and havent been able to reach possible residents. ive put ads in classified in world, made social media posts via facebook, instagram, and even built a website via GoDaddy. I'm doing all i can. How do i create a classified ad that appears on SecondLife.com for available rental properties? 

Snapshot_012.png

Edited by Lucious Morningstar

2 answers to this question

You can list your rentals on the Marketplace, using the Real Estate category. When I was doing this, the item I actually "sold" was a freebie notecard with information about the properties and a landmark.

A website's a good thing, but providing entertaining and useful content can bring in more views. Consider starting a blog!

Be sure your rentals are listed in your Profile Picks, and right on the front page of your Profile, too.

Put a link to your rentals in your Forum signature.

If you have a common area such as a park or a club, host events there.

Word of mouth is your best advertising. Be sure to slip a mention of your rentals into conversations you have with people. Offer prizes to tenants who bring in a friend.

These days, every landlord is in competition with Linden Homes. Look at your operation in that light and try to come up with something that a) people want and b) Linden Homes don't have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.