Looking for UK Friends

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so ive been around a while. I have plenty of friends but all are from the US or Australia and im looking for some UK people to hang out with and go on adventures. Im a half elven girl with some small magic at my disposal. I fly planes and sail boats a lot...Im a skypirate which is fun. I love exploring and going on adventures. I also use the Mystory life RP system. I love taking photographs and making textures.

I find socializing difficult sometimes so would rather find one or two close friends to hang out with regularly.   Preferably female as i find it hard to connect with males. You could be new or old, im really not bothered how long you have been in world.  I am mostly an adult but sometimes im a bit younger (I belong to mischief managed RP) I am also very occasionally an animal or other form (I love the creativity of changing my appearance).. I like to think im educated and intelligent but i can be silly and fun with it.  

I really look forward to hearing from you.  :) 

Action Saffie square.jpg

Wrong school.jpg

Dawn at the Haven.jpg

We're all mad here.jpg

• Like 1

Odd, Wytchwolfy, that it's seeming difficult to find UK folks. I'm finding about 25% of people who chat with me (SLT+3) are from the UK. I'll be popping online later this afternoon to catch the weekly gig of a UK DJ I know, in fact, and one of the men who will actually dance with me at formal places is based in the UK, and he's up until 3AM your time hanging out.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Odd, Wytchwolfy, that it's seeming difficult to find UK folks. I'm finding about 25% of people who chat with me (SLT+3) are from the UK. I'll be popping online later this afternoon to catch the weekly gig of a UK DJ I know, in fact, and one of the men who will actually dance with me at formal places is based in the UK, and he's up until 3AM your time hanging out.

I think in all  my time in SL ive met 6 or 7 uk people and a couple of people from france, but it could just be that i dont really know many uk oriented places, or ones that interest me at least :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:23 PM, Wytchwolfy said:

I think in all  my time in SL ive met 6 or 7 uk people and a couple of people from france, but it could just be that i dont really know many uk oriented places, or ones that interest me at least :)

Having owned a venue for 8 years that never hides the fact we're folks based in the UK - there does (sadly) seem to be a bit of stigma/shame/embarassment amongst some folks that they visit a UK owned venue, there's actually quite a few venues run by folks from the UK e.g. Midnight Cove, Blitz, The Hummingbird, Wet Willies, High Voltage Rock & of course my own venue ShenaniganS on Ocean of Orchids.

There does seem to be a presumption that the good DJ's are only at american run venues however the paradox is that those venues (Muddy's, Big Daddys, Rockin Robins for example) all have UK based DJ's in UK friendly slots.

Perhaps we're too 'british'? We don't have union flags hanging off every wall, our staff don't wear bowler hats or union flag underwear (though I can't be sure - I've never checked!) or end every sentence with "Want a cup of tea with that love?" but let folks get on with enjoying the music, the company and the occasional references to farts & 'Are you being served?" :D

It's probably fair to say that if you're looking to hook up with someone then don't head to a UK owned venue (too many lothario's/Romeo's get put off by having the urine taken out of them I suspect) but if you want good music, some new friends or simply some good company that doesn't gasp when you talk about enjoying a ***** (f@ggut) & pea batch or twiglets - then you won't do better IMO :D

You can find my venue here ShenaniganS Music Cafe some of the others named above are in SL Search.

Now I'm off to make a fine cup of rosy lee to dunk my bourbons in :P

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.