I can't see my friend not even their nametag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Goodness this is an old serverside bug!  I had an instance of it just a day or two ago, my partner utterly vanished from one side of a pillar to the next.  It's some kind of communication fubar between the sim-server/region and the viewer, which just stops registering their presence in view.  You can chat with them, their avatar is locateable via the radar you can even TP to them, but you see neither them or their tag!  It has no correalation to the number of avatars on the region.

More often than not TPing out from and back to that region refreshes their presence in your viewer but in extreme circumstances you may need to relog.  I recall that simply TPing within a region has no effect.

I thought that had been worked out of the system but perhaps one of the recent code changes made to the server software has reverted it.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling
  • Like 1

I'm wondering about raising a fresh JIRA submission about this issue, since several of my friends have seen it recently.  I use Firestorm and I know LL will not take my submission seriously unless I see it on the default  viewer.  The issue is unpredictable and using the LL viewer long term is impractical for me.

So, @Phillip Gateaux, which viewer were you using when this issue struck?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.