Need some help with my avi!!

beeya5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there.

Is there any kind soul that can help me figure out what went wrong with my mesh avatar?

It's a maitreya mesh body and it was working great until I logged on a while ago and noticed the skin seemed patchy and did not match the skin of the head. A friend of mine gifted me the body and the head and helped me assemble it so I don't even remember his steps. Also since he hasn't logged on in so long I can't check up on this with him. I tried checking with existing blogs and instructions mentioned but it only made things worse and she looks weird now. I'm short on lindens so I can't purchase a new mesh body or head. Can anybody help me out with this please?

I would be really grateful!!

You do not need to buy a new body. (Or head - I am not sure if you have both...)

It's possible that you are either not wearing the alpha layer that hides your SL body (or head), or you have accidentally switched off the BOM setting. 

If all fails, get a redelivery of the body at the Maitreya store (and the head's mainstore).

Emma :) 

• Like 1

One of the nice things about SL is you seldom, seldom have to buy a replacement because something stopped working.

Many of us keep the boxes. Since SL provides an infinite amount of inventory, why not? That makes it easy to grab a new copy.

The majority of the designers in SL provide free replacement copies of their Copy-OK stuff.

Another time saver is to save a copy of your nude body as an Outfit. I use several nude body outfits made from different brands and models as starting points for my new outfits. I also have a TEST BODY OUTFIT for trying demo skins, tats, whatevers, and bodies.

Experiment with a copy of the body to figure out how things work. Once you understand you have fewer problems with new stuff.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.