Water Depth limitations/extentions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have already lowered my land to 0 via terra forming, and on the waters surface it reads 20.. 

My question is, is there a way to adjust this depth further myself? I have seen older deep-water sims in SL over the years. And Fantasy Fair currently has beautiful deep water sims in use. 

I was really hoping there was a way to extend my water depth even further downwards than it already is. Or has Linden removed/capped that function over time?

• Like 1

If you have a parcel on mainland, no.

The elevation of water in region applies to the entire entire region. If you have have access to estate tools, you may change the water elevation of the regions you own or control.

The way you make deeper water is by raising the water elevation because negative (land) elevations are not supported. Zero is as low as it goes.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

If you have a parcel on mainland, no.

The elevation of water in region applies to the entire entire region. If you have have access to estate tools, you may change the elevation of the regions you own or control.

The way you make deeper water is by raising the water elevation because negative elevations are not supported. Zero is as low as it goes.

It is a private full region. I guess this means I need to figure out how to use estate tools. Thank you this points me in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Maximum water height: 100 meters using inworld controls, 255 meters by using a *.raw file upload.

Region water height is usually 20 meters, and adjacent regions should have the same water height, or else they will look discontinuous.

Maximum terrain height: 255 meters using inworld controls (mainland limit), 510 meters by using a *.raw file upload.

So raising the height of the water will make it deeper.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.