No Published Deploy Plan for the week of 17/04/2023

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I confess to being a bit annoyed with the poor user-facing responses from LL of late.  If it wasn't for @Monty Linden, there'd be nothing apart from @Logan Elf's valuable info. 

Especially since the migration to 579248 appears to have introduced some unexpected behaviour changes on TP that were not flagged up after the RC channels rolls.

The changes are not (so far as I can see) damaging, just startling. I refer to intra region TPs not triggering the blackout teleport screens, which is a quite  a surprise on first encountering it!  It could be that the apparent change is confined to Firestorm users...I must check.

ETA: so it seems it is confined to any viewer that permits you to disable the TP screens etc, so most likely FS only.  It may be something to do with my particular graphics setting too so I was getting my virtual knickers in a twist over nothing.  Got to say that a TP down from my skybox at 900m to ground level is not for sufferers of vertigo!

Edited by Aishagain
additional info

Any news on what (if any) new code was deployed to the RC Channels(s) today?  I have not been out in SL much ("helping" someone possibly even more clueless than me update their computer).

Edited by Aishagain

There was nothing new rolled to the RCs last week, hence Main Channel just getting a restart yesterday.

For today's (26th April) roll. only Bluesteel RC will be getting a new version; the other RCs will just get restarts. From Inara Pey's week 17 SUG meeting summary

SERVER DEPLOYMENTS

• On Tuesday, April 25th, the SLS Main channel servers were restarted without any deployment, leaving them on simulator release 579248.
  • On Wednesday, April 26th, simhosts on the Bluesteel RC channel will receive a bugfix maintenance release, highlights of which include:
    • “Fixes in the vicinity of” BUG-232037 “Avatar Online / Offline Status Not Correctly Updating” – although all causes of this issue may not be fully resolved with this update.
    • A fix an issue with avatars colliding with their vehicles on region crossings.
    • Removal of a spurious error message that would pop up on llSetKeyframedMotion.
    • Being able to add UUIDs to the ban list that don’t belong to an agent or group and then being unable to remove them.

ETA: Version rolled onto Bluesteel: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2023-04-21.579747.html

Release Notes

A bountiful bevy of bugfixes.

Resolved Issues

• SRV-351 Attempting to ban invalid id with llManageEstateAccess triggers message that ban was successful
  • SRV-322 Remove LSL XML-RPC Functionality
  • SRV-315 Streamline online status and friends database lookup
  • BUG-11770 Issue with llReturnObjectsByOwner() permanently returning ERR_THROTTLED while llReturnObjectsByID() works without issue.
  • BUG-229220 only my group is working, other groups i have are all not working for me
  • BUG-5504 sim crossing of flying vehicles triggering false collision events
  • BUG-232037 Avatar Online / Offline Status Not Correctly Updating
  • BUG-229675 Stopping llSetKeyframedMotion should always succeed and never shout an error
  • SRV-120 simhost - dataserver - Another dataserver field that is being overfed by client
  • BUG-232724 People & me not showing online in friendslist
  • BUG-232695 Estate ban list says it's full at 108/500 banned agents

Edited by Logan Elf
  • Thanks 1

Well, I've TP'd around a fair bit this UK afternoon and I have only seen 579248, so I guess the planned deploy to RC Channels was a very limited set of regions.  Two of the regions visited were definitely RC channel until very recently, so I think my guess is valid.

I don't think the fact that my home was restarted twice yesterday is significant, it has occurred before, so it is no cause to get out my crash helment.

ETA: Ahh Logan was adding info while I typed...presumably none of the places I go are Bluesteel!

Edited by Aishagain
additional info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.