Object with HUD pop up

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw creators who design objects that once attached give you a HUD pop up to unpack or check their social media.How is that possible? I tried to get my head around this but I don't understand the system of it.I thought you could add a HUD on its own only. Any info is appreciated! 😊

• Like 1

to get started then look for an unpacker script

here is an example of one: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Unpacker_On_Touch_(NewAge)

if making your own Unpacker HUD is beyond you at this time, then post in Wanted/Employment sub-forums. There are any number of people who can help you do this, and there are also some complete commercial solutions available as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

to get started then look for an unpacker script

here is an example of one: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Unpacker_On_Touch_(NewAge)

if making your own Unpacker HUD is beyond you at this time, then post in Wanted/Employment sub-forums. There are any number of people who can help you do this, and there are also some complete commercial solutions available as well.

Thats okay ,Im fine with it as its easy to edit the necessary bits.What baffles me is the holdable object part,its very intriguing.So what I saw was a holdable shopping bag that once attached gave you a HUD pop up at the same time. It looked really good visually.

I hope Im not making stuff up but Im pretty sure I came accross that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DulceDiva said:

.So what I saw was a holdable shopping bag that once attached gave you a HUD pop up at the same time. It looked really good visually.

with a holdable shopping bag then we give the items when the bag is attached (worn).  Look at the attach event to do this: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Attach

basic pcode:

attach(key id)
{
  if (id)
  {
    ... give_items_to(id) ...
  }
}

if wanting to play a bag holding animation as well then need to also look into requesting/actioning animation permission: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestPermissions

basic pcode:

attach(key id)
{
  if (id)  // bag is attached
  {
    llRequestPermissions(id, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
  }
  else // bag detached
  {
     if (llGetPermissions() & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
     {
	llStopAnimation("...my bag holding animation ...");
     }
  }
}

run_time_permissions(integer perms)
{
   if (perms & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
   {
      key id = llGetPermissionKey();

llStartAnimation("...my bag holding animation ...");

... give_items_to(id) ...
   } 
}

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DulceDiva said:

Thats okay ,Im fine with it as its easy to edit the necessary bits.What baffles me is the holdable object part,its very intriguing.So what I saw was a holdable shopping bag that once attached gave you a HUD pop up at the same time. It looked really good visually.

I hope Im not making stuff up but Im pretty sure I came accross that.

You may be thinking the old trick of having rigged mesh linked to a HUD. So instead of having a bag in your hand that also shows a HUD... the bag is part of the HUD.

LL changed the viewer code so you can no longer see rigged mesh if it's attached to your HUD, so it's not generally possible to do that anymore. (The rigged mesh was not visible to anyone else. It was a nice feature.)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 7:03 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Okay, anyone else think Dulce's forum avatar is cute as a button? And I normally grumble at GIF avatars. Hmm?

Thanks! I chose this cute GIF with a purpose. I thought it would make people smile and the topic conversation less...dull 😊

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.