Is it possible to buy Lindens and still have an Avatar account show "No Payment Info On File"?

Candy Tangerine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

No.

While you can remove payment info from your account, your account will state "payment info used" instead, and that you can't ever get rid of.

The only workaround would be to buy the lindens on a different account, and gift them to yourself.

Perfect Wulfie, thank you for a straight answer.  My reason for asking is I get IM'd by a lot of men with no payment info on file, and they say there are from another country and the method they use to buy Lindens does not reflect that properly.  All the while I am fairly certain they are Alt's of another person and just making up some excuse.

8 minutes ago, Candy Tangerine said:

they say there are from another country and the method they use to buy Lindens does not reflect that properly

They are totally feeding you a line of BS.  There is no method of buying L$, within TOS guidelines anyway, that would not indicate a payment method on the profile of the account that bought the L$.  So either they have another account buying the L$ for them or they are not buying them via any sanctioned method.

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They are totally feeding you a line of BS.  There is no method of buying L$, within TOS guidelines anyway, that would not indicate a payment method on the profile of the account that bought the L$.  So either they have another account buying the L$ for them or they are not buying them via any sanctioned method.

LittleMe Jewell, thank you so very much for your input as well.  Those two responses have just proven to me what I have been thinking all along.  Hope you nd Wulfie bit have a great weekend.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.