My Boyfriends Black Dragon isn’t working

sanjearoyalty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From the official Discord server of the Viewer, the thread discussion I create, read the next image.

But in short the error MSVCR120.dll/0xc000007b means vcredist runtime 2015-2017-2019-2022 x64 AND vcredist  runtime 2013 x64 are missing from the computer and no installed, the viewer needs these to run download them and restart your pc. the viewer should start correctly now:

vcredist runtime 2015-2017-2019-2022 x64
 Download and Install.:
https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

vcredist  runtime 2013 x64
 Download, Install and Restart the computer.:
https://aka.ms/highdpimfc2013x64enu

And as the last point in the image says if these no solution the problem verify windows or clean install it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-14 202142.png

Edited by LykanXEclipse

seriously. it's not a good look. for a casual user it's probably a dead end. if i hadn't skimmed through your Discord's voluminous array of problem solvers i would have had no idea these files were above your skills to put into your setup installer.

NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.

do you need someone to look into getting this done?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

seriously. it's not a good look. for a casual user it's probably a dead end. if i hadn't skimmed through your Discord's voluminous array of problem solvers i would have had no idea these files were above your skills to put into your setup installer.

NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.

do you need someone to look into getting this done?

I have just started using the NSIS installer, i have not really looked into further modifications to the installer, i'm happy it is working after all as it was required to not get thrown out of the TPV Directory.

Apart from that the FAQ very clearly mentions this issue and the pre-download page also very clearly mentions that it is required. If people skip straight to the download link theres very little i can do for now.

It's also hard to test if the installer properly installs it at all since i never had this issue to begin with (VCRedist was always already installed without me installing it).

I'd much rather someone to look into getting the normal build/edit transform tools to work with the Poser (aka make bones selectable), it is a much bigger concern of mine (and has been for 5 years) than some installer issues.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1

read the Pre-Download Page? hahahahahahaha. you have to be kidding. no one's got time for that. there's an encyclopedia hiding behind those links. i just know it. i aint gonna go there. gimme the executable now!

my mistake doesn't relieve you of responsibility ya know.......[sarcasm].

49 minutes ago, EnCore Mayne said:

read the Pre-Download Page? hahahahahahaha. you have to be kidding. no one's got time for that. there's an encyclopedia hiding behind those links. i just know it. i aint gonna go there. gimme the executable now!

my mistake doesn't relieve you of responsibility ya know.......[sarcasm].

While obviously sarcastic, the amount of people who seriously should considering acquiring the ability to read - especially in the 'technical' world of TPV's - is astounding.

Edited by PekeNL
Spelling, hurrdurr.
  • Like 1

my expectations are for NOW.

if i have to rtfm it's for a problem i've encountered from not wading through excessive mumbo jumbo to get to the solution.

BTW: "seriously should considering" should be "seriously should consider". my language skills are far better than my appreciation for most technical instructions written by non literate techies. really, most coders don't have any idea what they're talking about or how to explain things to their end users. if it's not intuitive yer doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, EnCore Mayne said:

my expectations are for NOW.

if i have to rtfm it's for a problem i've encountered from not wading through excessive mumbo jumbo to get to the solution.

BTW: "seriously should considering" should be "seriously should consider". my language skills are far better than my appreciation for most technical instructions written by non literate techies. really, most coders don't have any idea what they're talking about or how to explain things to their end users. if it's not intuitive yer doing it wrong.

Not much to explain really: Predownload and FAQ say "go to microsoft page here: link, download and install VCRedist 2013"

If you want to add it to an NSIS installer, its not all that much trouble to run a VC redist installer:

!define VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64 "vcredist_2019_x64.exe"

Section $(SECT_vcredist) vcredist
  SectionIn RO
  SetOutPath $TEMP
  nsExec::ExecToLog '"${VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64}" /q'
  delete "${VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64}"
SectionEnd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kathrine Jansma said:

If you want to add it to an NSIS installer, its not all that much trouble to run a VC redist installer:

!define VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64 "vcredist_2019_x64.exe"

Section $(SECT_vcredist) vcredist
  SectionIn RO
  SetOutPath $TEMP
  nsExec::ExecToLog '"${VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64}" /q'
  delete "${VC_RUNTIME_2019_X64}"
SectionEnd

Looks simple enough! Thanks! I'll see if i can get this added (or if i'm too stupid to do so)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.