skin

Gabriel Isodo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

How to manage skin. I notice you have skin for body and skin for head.  But they are not the same color . i have body skin and head skin but I never see a pack with head and body and the same color

Result a big difference at the neck.

I see avatar with no lines how do they do

Hi Gabriel, people can usually get face and body skin by the same creator. The face skins will come in a particular shade and then you get the body skin from the same creator to match. Another thing people do is get compatible skins. Some creators will make face skins  to match specific body skins. For example I use a moccino face skin which is compatible with velour body skins. Alternatively people also use something called a neck fix that  will fix the difference between the two skins. You can join your skin group on sl and ask them what skin to get to match. You can also post the full name of the face skin you use and  people can give you more advice  on this

• Like 5

Gabriel, a lot of skin brands now use the Velour body skins. I suggest you get the demos of the body skins from Velour for your body type and try them on to see which tones you like. Maybe start out with buying just one of their body skins, your favorite out of the skins you try on. Then, perhaps buy a sale skin or two in that tone. There are a number of skin brands that participate in weekend sales. Trying out a few of the sale skins will confirm if that tone is really the one you like for your avi, and by starting with only one body skin tone you can keep your costs down.

Skin brands (head skins) frequently on weekend sales (noted if they do NOT use Velour tones). There will likely be some brands I am missing, so everyone, feel free to add what I've missed.

1. Velour - mostly female, sometimes male
  2. Gloom - often unisex/available in both male and female Velour tones as well as their own skin tones
  3. Metahumano - more male than female
  4. Little Foxy Beauty, sometimes male, sometimes female
  5. Glam Affair - female, weekend sale items are "basic line" skins with their own tones, not Velour
  6. Ives - female
  7. Tres Beau - female
  8. Voguel - mostly male, sometimes female
  9. Guapa - female
  10. Eudora Beauty - female, sometimes available in Velour, sometimes only their own tones
  11. Be.Raon - female, usually Velour
  12. nonnative - female, usually Velour
  13. Nuve - female,  not Velour
  14. PUMEC - Female, recently updated to Velour but some skins may be only in their own tones
  15. Koonz - female
  16. Poppet - female
  17. Heron - female, some available in Velour tones
  18. Dernier - female
  19. Sugarose - female, recently updated to Velour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2023 at 3:28 PM, Gabriel Isodo said:

How to manage skin. I notice you have skin for body and skin for head.  But they are not the same color . i have body skin and head skin but I never see a pack with head and body and the same color

Result a big difference at the neck.

I see avatar with no lines how do they do

Look in the folder of your head  or body skin for something called a Neck Blend.

Also sometimes it can be that the skins do match but the neck size on the body is  not in the correct size.. In your mesh body hud there should be a section that it meant for neck size..

If you can give more details on your mesh head and mesh body and even an image  close up to your neck so we can see the seam line, and maybe even another just a little farther back.. We might be able to help much better..

This is if you haven't already gotten things sorted..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.