"Wearable" Pose Stand Question

RobinMcRobins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I searched and could not find my specific situation to ask about elsewhere. This DOES involve scripting, so I thought I would ask here since I saw a few older posts about pose scripting. I am looking into a possible wearable pose stand. Reason being is this, I do love to take photos, and found that many places simply do not allow rezz, (in fact, one photo scene place with over 700 backdrops does not allow rezz, and does not have their own pose stands available to use) so I would like a wearable pose stand that does not require rezzing. I can not find one on the MP. Usually on my property, I will rezz out a backdrop, hop on my pose stand, and edit the pose stand to move my avvie into the scenery. I do own several wearable chairs, and they have multiple poses in them, so I do know it should be possible to do what I am asking about. I am not a scripter, thinking about that gives me a headache, so could someone please point me in the correct direction to where I need to end up? Thank you for thought and any input. If a mod thinks this question is better suited to a different forum, I would completely understand if they choose to move it.

Edited by RobinMcRobins
added info

Writing something like that isn't particularly hard. I did it a few times myself when I was just starting to learn LSL years ago. Basically, it amounts to taking a pose stand and turning it into a HUD.   A pose stand is activated by a trigger in the script's changed event, which recognizes when your avatar has become a link in the pose stand's link set.  What you need to do is trigger the pose stand functions with a dialog menu instead. Otherwise, the pose functions remain exactly the same. 

Because you are not yet a scripter, you'll need to hire someone to do that job for you, so I suggest posting in the InWorld Employment forum.  There are almost certainly pose stand HUDs out there in Marketplace, though, so you should be able to save some time (and L$) by doing a deep search there.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording
  • Thanks 1

While you can use an attachment as a pose stand (or Firestorm's feature), these don't make it easy to adjust your avatar's position/rotation since you're not sitting on an object you can edit. So if you need to do something like that, the best thing would be to just find somewhere to rez, or enable a debug setting in the viewer to enable the selection of avatars. That'd let you move your avatar locally, though nobody else would see it and you have to keep your avatar selected the whole time.

The next best thing would be the poser in Black Dragon.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.