I cannot log into my account because the browser stays stuck on "requesting region capabilities".

Tahira Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me come up with a solution to my login issue. I cannot log into my SecondLife account because the browser freezes at requesting region capabilities. I have tried logging into different slurls and lands. I have cleared my cache,temp files etc, restarted my computer and router, I uninstalled and reinstalled both the standard SecondLife browser and the Firestorm browser, I've also tried logging in with another account and the same issue keeps happening. What is going on? I  filed a support ticket and its being proccessed still so no idea how long it will take for a response. I was able to log into my account yesterday without any issues. Can anyone share some insight into what might be happening and/or a possible fix?

4 answers to this question

If your alt cannot log in as well, then at least we know that issue is most probably not account-specific, so things like flat inventory or group tag preventing logging in are not at play here. If you use any VPN software, then try disabling it completely and then try to log in again. Additionally take a look at this post:

48 minutes ago, panterapolnocy said:

If your alt cannot log in as well, then at least we know that issue is most probably not account-specific, so things like flat inventory or group tag preventing logging in are not at play here. If you use any VPN software, then try disabling it completely and then try to log in again. Additionally take a look at this post:

I disabled both firewall and my antivirus the issue still persists.

It sounds as though you've pretty much narrowed it down to something your internet service provider needs to address.

One more thing you can try yourself before contacting them: try switching to a different DNS server. Google maintains a free public DNS server, see here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns

If you know someone local to you who uses a different ISP, you can try installing an SL viewer on their machine and attempt a login.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.