Is my Mac sufficient for Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really don't have any tech savvy at all but here are my Mac's specs

3 GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5

Radeon pro 560x 4 GB

Memory 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Ventura 13.1 Retina 4K 

I keep my draw distance low as if I am on heavy sims I am seeing 'cardboard' for a while.  I also keep LOD low (is this necessary? as I get triangles a lot). I have heard that Mac Pro is better for the ultra experience but it sounds expensive. Is there any way I can improve my general experience here like be able to attend heavier events etc by adding on outside memory ability .,  I realize the memory is low can one add on more memory? Some say this is a bad idea (not sure why or even how to get more memory). Thanks for any help in advance. :)

You don't mention if it's an iMac or a MacBook of some description, but I would advise buying and adding more memory if you're able to. With 8GB you're going to struggle to run Second Life at all unless it's the only app running. Adding more memory will work wonders to increase the lifespan of your Mac. (I speak from experience here.)

Yeah, it's okay for SL. In graphics preferences keep support for HiDPI displays disabled, it does nothing but kill performance. 

The weak point in iMacs is the terrible mechanical hard drive they use. Fusion drives are okay. Upgrading to an SSD and upgrading the memory are both possible, but the 21.5" iMacs aren't designed it to be done by end users. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.