my land of 512sqm, given to me several years ago is now saying its abandoned. Why

DeLisa Junot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was given land several years ago just because i am a premium member.  Now it is saying that the land was abandoned.  I have not abandoned this land.  Please correct thisI had another 512sqm that was give to me. but i was being charged for it by the week. I did abandoned  that land.  would you please correct this error.  Thank youl.

5 answers to this question

Hello DeLisa. If you are a premium member the best you can do is to use the Live Chat. https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/  You will find the option at the right of the page. If your vip membership expired, you lost the land you owned.

I confused with your post because you said at first that "i have not abandoned the land" and after that "i did abandoned the land".

You can edit your post (Options --> Edit) if you wish.

You say you were "given" the land.  By giving the land to you, did the person who gave you the land sell it to you for L$0?  If not and the person who gave you the land merely gave you full rights to the land, then that person is (or was) the owner of the land according to LL.  If the person canceled their premium membership any land they owned (according to LL's records) is reverted back to LL (abandoned)..........the same, of course, would hold true if the person defaulted on their premium membership.  It all that happened, there's nothing you can do since you did not really ever own the land.......it was never transferred to you by the original owner.

Contact Live Chat as suggested..........they, will be able to help you much more than any of us here.

I assume you mean the 512sqm First Land you were entitled to request when becoming a Premium member in 2006. You should be able to sort this out easily enough by contacting Support as already suggested and explaining what happened. Abandoned Land becomes the property of Governor Linden and usually months pass before it is put up for auction so you have time to rectify this mistake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.