Getting sitter out of camming camera mode

Christina Halpin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I get people out of camming mode when they sit?

The there are two camera modes, which I will call "default" and "camming", I do not know the technical terms. My particular "default' is behind me about three meters, and I know this can be changed. That has nothing to do with camming. Alt allow me to cam around a room, and I stay at the cammed position when I release alt.

the problem is this. When I sit, If I am in default mode, the default mode continues and commands can control where the camera eye goes to, for example. But when I am camming and I sit, I stay in camming mode and the focus stays right where it is.

For example, I can cam to a sign, cick on it, the sign teleports me to 100 meters away, and nothing changes on my screen -- I am still camming on the sign. A user would not even know that the teleport worked.

There should be some simple command, but all I can find are dozens of commands to change what the person would see if they were in the default mode.

Thanks.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the camera staying where I'm "cammed" in at something when sitting or teleported instead of resetting behind me, I dislike so much more being suddenly forced into mouse look mode.  I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

If this is some feature you're considering for others and not just yourself when interacting with objects on your land, do keep that in mind.

Edited by Anna Salyx
  • Like 1

I agree. I forgot about "mouse look" when I described "default" and "camming", I hope that wasn't confusing.

I don't want to put people into mouse look(if that's possible) -- that would be confusing too. If there was a command to take people OUT of mouselook, I would try that to see if it moves to "default" camera mode.

5 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:

As much as I dislike the camera staying where I'm "cammed" in at something when sitting or teleported instead of resetting behind me, I dislike so much more being suddenly forced into mouse look mode.  I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

If this is some feature you're considering for others and not just yourself when interacting with objects on your land, do keep that in mind.

The only time I use it with sit applications are ones that use llSitOnLink() in stationary "teleporter" objects that "pull" users from one parcel to another at long lateral and/or vertical distances over parcels that have teleport routing disabled.

In this environment, without usage of llForceMouselook(), there is a strange bug that can cause the user's camera to be stuck in a neighboring region with no way of resetting.

A relog is the only way to fix it.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

I agree. I forgot about "mouse look" when I described "default" and "camming", I hope that wasn't confusing.

I don't want to put people into mouse look(if that's possible) -- that would be confusing too. If there was a command to take people OUT of mouselook, I would try that to see if it moves to "default" camera mode.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-9719 A function to reset the camera.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7459 A function to put users in or take users out of mouselook.

Camera control additions are not on LL's roadmap ATM, sadly.

• Thanks 2

The need for such a command control is there. Obviously, it makes no sense to teleport to a distant place and leave the userscreen showing the just-used teleporter. I, as scripter, wnt to make the experience I am creating better for SecondLifers.

I can't imagine how this could be misused (or misused more than other things I am allowed to do).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.