Can't remove an item I own from my house. Tried return, take and delete. Will not go.

Thomas Dashrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, trying to remove from my linden home an object. When I do a take it puts a copy in my inv, but remains in the house. Have tried to use the return and delete on it and it is still there. Logged out and back in and it is still there. I am the owner of the item. Any one got any idea how I can get rid of the item please.

Regards

Thomas Dashrix

2 answers to this question

Sometimes objects are annoyingly persistent.  The asset servers apparently get confused, and objects hang around even after you have deleted them.  I have found that it sometimes helps to try sitting on a bogus object or wearing it.  Both of those actions require the servers to create a connection between your av and the object.  When the servers realize that it's impossible (my interpretation), they finally wake up and delete the object.  The only other action that works is restarting the sim itself, but that's not an option that you have, since the Lindens are not likely to restart the whole sim for a relatively small complaint like yours.  If sitting or wearing don't solve the poblem, you may need to wait until the next sim server upgrade.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.