What have you done!CPU SSE2! I cant live in SL no more. Must i buy new things every monh?

Alvyra Vaniva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I must report Linden Lab for Abuse. Last Update you did, I bough ta new Graphic-card, it cost me 1000 Svkr. Now a month later you make a new upgrade and now I have NoCPU SSE2 support. That means that I have to bought new stuff, that lead to tat I have to bouy more new stuff for my Pc. I just payed the rent for my house and was going to buy things when I was logged out...pissed of.... I have friends in SL, I have built up my inventories... I have a SL. But now you shut it down for me and I can think its many people outhere that cant affort to buy a new computer everytime you ugrade!

Is Sl going to bee a place for people that can afford?

Shame on you!

Alvyra Vaniva.

4 answers to this question

We're not Lindens here.  We're all SL residents, just like you, so we have no control over things like this.  Lindens rarely read what's posted here either, so they probably will never see your note.

I know that's it's a small consolation, but almost all chipsets manufactured since about 2003 have had SSE2, so very few people in SL are affected by this recent change in V2.  I'm sorry that anybody is, and that you are one of them.  For what it's worth, both Phoenix and Imprudence offer versions of their viewers without SSE2, so you do at least still have a way to get in world.  I'm not sure whether the new Firestorm beta also has that option (probably not), but that's another one to look at.

Good luck.

• Like 1

is this post for real? :smileyindifferent:

you make the choice to sign up for something and then start screaming about abuse? who is holding you hostage in sl?

this is a joke. right?

right? :smileyindifferent:

oh, if only there were alternate viewers available... :matte-motes-sour:

I wouldn't necessarily consider it abuse, but I have gotten sad and or angry about this same situation before (and I've been playing for a very long time.) The system requirements for second life took a steep steep climb after the first big "major" physics update (havok) and the game was never the same since.  There's not a whole lot of visual improvement anyway, so it's really sad to see this total lack of support for users with a certain hardware set.

Pay more and get less, the truth is just that's the world we live in, in money and in system resources.

Just gotta deal with it bro we gotta buy new hardware or try to use one of the 3rd party viewers (never been able to login with them again yet. I used to be able to use snowglobe though? I think it was called. Pre-Glow)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.